We’re transforming the inner east side into a bustling, lively neighborhood for Portland residents. Beyond Hassalo, get to know the east side by exploring these hidden (and not so hidden) gems in the Lloyd District.
Hidden Gems in the Lloyd District
- The Moda Center: Imagine hosting a barbecue on Aster’s rooftop or in the courtyard at Elwood or Velomor, and then walking over to the Moda Center for a concert or a Blazers game. No more traffic, and no more parking headaches! You just get to enjoy the fun… and then continue the party at Spirit of ’77, also in the Lloyd District – and just a few blocks down the street.
- Lloyd Farmers Market: It’s your one-stop shop for fresh produce… right outside your front door every Tuesday. Thanks to Lloyd Farmers Market, dinner just got even more delicious!
- Swift Lounge: Craving a post-work cocktail or a cold brew on a hot summer’s day? As one of the best summer hangouts on the northeast side just a quick skip from the Lloyd District, Swift has you covered. Post up on their patio and soak up some sun with friends. (Tip: Try the fondue fries.)
- Pure Barre: So… you had too many fondue fries. It happens to the best of us! Stop by Pure Barre to try one of their 75-minute workouts and enjoy the burn.
- Lloyd Center: Poised for a multi-million-dollar renovation, the Lloyd District’s Lloyd Center will soon give Pioneer Square a run for its money as one of downtown Portland’s finest shopping malls.
- Petisco: This tiny restaurant on NE Broadway is self-described as “a little piece of Europe in NE Portland,” and our residents tend to agree! Checkout Petisco for brunch or happy hour. Word on the street is that you won’t be disappointed.
- Saint Simon Coffee Company: Locals give their coffee five stars, and we do too! Saint Simon serves only the best from Coava Coffee Roasters. Cozy, friendly and unique… just the way a Portland coffee shop should be.
- Meat: What’s this? Treats and meats for your pup, that’s what! Meat is one of several wonderful pet supply stores in the Lloyd area, with raw diet supplies, healthy food and treats, and a fun selection of toys for your pet.
- Laurelhurst Theater: If you need a break from your living room or the summer sun, this is a great place to stop. Enjoy dinner, drinks and a movie “theater style.” Grown-ups only after 5:30!
- McMenamins Broadway Pub: Working on your passport? Be sure to stop at this popular McMenamins location! If it’s a nice day, find a table at the terrace upstairs.
What are you waiting for? Get out and start your adventure in the Lloyd!